Monday, October 10, 2011

4 year old comedian

<p>As I have written in my other blog, <a href="http:// http://theelephantisintheroom.blogspot.com/">There is an Elephant in the Room!?</a> I have a new (almost) step-daughter. She is caring, sweet, and has a funny little sense of humor. It is kind of like living with a miniature comedian. Her favorite couple of lines are "that's silly. I am just a little girl" and "I'm just kiddin'. I'm just jokin'." She delivers they just like a comic would to, like a punch line. She will look at you straight faced and say "I'll drive home, right?" Then she pauses and says "That's silly. I'm just a little girl" then chuckles at her own joke. This morning she came flying in the bathroom door as I was getting out of the shower. She looked at me straight faced and said "I have tears on my nose and I don't know why. I wasn't even crying" I must have looked confused because before I could even respond she said "I'm just kiddin'. I'm just kiddin' I did cry a little." Turned out to be a minor disagreement with her father, but it amazed me how she told me one thing totally straight faced, then followed up with her "I'm just kiddin'" and giggled. I thought, "Huh only 4 and already got a sense of humor about life's little disappointments" She's fit in just fine around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment